The Colema Board® is usually set up in the bathroom by placing the evacuation end (splashguard) over the toilet and the other end over a stool or chair. Please note: the Deluxe Colema Board does not require as much assembly as the original. The bucket is placed on a counter near by, or on the tank of toilet. Another option is
to place both ends of the board over five gallon buckets, so that the Colema® may be taken anywhere.
A diagram of this setup may be viewed below, or on our video
demonstration (an instructional video is included with each Colema Board®).
A. Colema Board®
J. Disposable plastic tip
B. Evacuation end of Board
E. Head area of board
O. Carry handle
G. Hole in Splashguard
P. “U” shaped tube
H. 3 inch tubing
I. “L” shaped tube
R. 5-Gallon (19 liter) Bucket
EXTRA ITEMS NEEDED
Aside from the Board (and included tubing assembly and tips) and a 5 gallon bucket (or a similar container), you may want to obtain some extra items to make your Colema® experience more comfortable and relaxing:
Comfort Pad - placed on the Board and provides cushioning for your back while you take your Colema (which take about 45 minutes to 1 hour). May be purchased from our Colema Board® Distributor's or obtained at baby stores
Lubricant - KY-Jelly® or a lubricant salve to apply to the rectal tip for easy insertion (do not use petroleum products as they will clog the holes of the tip).
Colandar - to place in the toilet before taking the Colema® so that you can see what material comes out (a kitchen accessory).
Towel & Pillow - A towel may be placed on the board (where you will lie or over the comfort pad). A pillow may be placed at the head end of the board to provide extra support and comfort.
Reading Materials - A book or magazine may be read while on the Board if you so choose. (Optional)
Candles & Music - To give a calm relaxing atmosphere to your Colema experience, you may add a few candles and soft, relaxing music in the background.
For a full demonstration of the above, please view our online Instructional
WATER PURIFICATION SUGGESTIONS:
We suggest using only purified water (as opposed to tap or municipal sources). Here are some suggestions for purifying your water
for the Colema® procedure:FILTER: A home water filter or purifier may be used.
You may also purchase a 5 gallon container of purified water and heat half and mix with the other half. Comfortable to body temperature.
FILLING YOUR BUCKET: You can fill your bucket by using some of the following suggestions:
- BOIL: Bring several gallons of water to a boil and let cool down before using.
- Shower Extension
- Fill bucket in tub and lift to position. (Do not attempt if you are weak.)
- RECTAL TIPS TUBING:
- Plastic tips are disposable (designed for one use only).
- Stainless Steel Tips are reusable and may be cleaned with a bleach and water solution, germicidal solution and/or boiled to sterilize.
- The tubing may be cleaned with a bleach and water solution, then rinsed with fresh water. It is important to hang to dry for several hours before storing.
- Gently wipe the surface areas of the board with your choice of cleaning solution:
- A bleach and water solution
- Germicidal cleaner
- A natural disinfectant cleaner
- The comfort pad (included with the Deluxe Board - available for purchase separately) may be cleaned with similar solutions as noted above.
- We do NOT recommend submersing the Boards in a tub filled with water.
- We do NOT recommend abrasive cleaners.
©1996-2002 Colema Boards® of California